Identify and fulfill the needs of the surgical laser fiber-optic market by providing superior, innovative quality products, while assuring outstanding service and on-time delivery to our customers all the while delivering the highest possible value in the market with our employees sharing in the profits of the company’s success.
LP Surgical Fibers was founded as Laser Peripherals, INC in 1987 in Minnesota. Initially, our products were designed to help fill the needs of the surgical laser market in the areas of eyewear and safety products.
We quickly added laser fiberoptics to our product offerings and have continued manufacturing surgical fibers since that time. In March of 1999 Scott Sundet, our current Owner and CEO, bought a majority share of the company and we began to focus heavily on laser fiberoptics. The eyewear division was sold in may of 2000.
Meet the Team
Scott Sundet - Owner & CEO
- 30+ years of successful business development and ownership with several companies.
- Extensive experience in production, product development, sales, quality assurance, executive management and ownership.
Jeff Stein - Vice President
- LP Surgical Fibers, LLC
- Extensive experience with New product development, fiberoptic delivery system design, validation, documentation, manufacturing transition manufacturing/process engineering, customer/technical support.
- With Laser Peripherals since 1996.
- Previously, 15+ years with medical laser-related companies providing leadership, engineering, and technical support of surgical fiberoptic, laser system design and laser accessory company.
Deb Hyde - CFO
- With LP Surgical, LLC since 2023
20+ years of professional experience spanning operations, logistics, project management and accounting and financial leadership.
Responsible for global finance activities, reporting, tax, treasury and audit.
Phil Krafft - Sales and Marketing Manager
- Sales and Marketing manager at LP Surgical Fibers since 2003. He also focuses on market and product research, assisting in new product development and developing strategic partnerships for the company.
- Prior to LP Phil worked for Carl Zeiss Surgical. He has extensive sales experience in the fields of Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, and Neurosurgery. In over seven years at Zeiss Phil held positions in sales, sales training, and sales management.
- Prior to this Phil sold into the fields of medical IT systems, medication dispensing systems and pharmacy benefit management.
- Phil began his career after college working in the emergency room of a large hospital in suburban Minneapolis. He spent ten years in hands-on patient care with a focus in trauma, orthopedics and minor surgery. He was also the manager for all of the non-nursing/non-physician staff.
Wendy Danner - Manufacturing Manager
- LP Surgical Fibers LLC
Manages the production, planning, purchasing, shipping and receiving functions of the company. Has been with LP since 2009.
- Lifecore Biomedical
Materials Planner responsible for maintaining finished goods inventory for the dental implant division and supporting other functions of the company as necessary. Held position for 7 ½ years.
- Cargill, Inc
Production Scheduler that created the milling and packaging schedules to meet customer demands. Held position for 7 years.
Randy Senescall - Quality and Regulatory Manager
- Randy Senescall is the Quality and Regulatory Manager at LP Surgical Fibers with responsibility for all
quality functions of the Quality Management System as ISO Management Representative and all product quality assurance activities.
- His responsibilities also include leading all regulatory development including FDA submissions, Technical Files for CE certifications and maintaining compliance to all of Laser Peripherals worldwide markets.
- Randy has over 20 years of Medical Device Manufacturing experience in leading roles as Director and Manager of Quality and Regulatory with a variety of medical device products from significant companies around the Twin City area.
- His accomplishments include leading many companies through dozens of successful certification and compliance audits with ISO 13485, FDA, MDD, CE Technical Files, and customer and supplier audits. Randy’s extensive experience in Quality and Regulatory Management, strong knowledge of manufacturing process and with a proven record of quality performance and leadership make him highly effective to satisfy customer requirements.