Identify and fulfill the needs of the surgical laser fiber-optic market by providing superior, innovative quality products, while assuring outstanding service and on-time delivery to our customers all the while delivering the highest possible value in the market with our employees sharing in the profits of the company’s success.
Founded in 1987
LP Surgical Fibers was founded as Laser Peripherals, INC in 1987 by Dr. Joseph Pietrafitta a General Surgeon from Boston, MA. LP moved to Minnesota shortly after that when Dr. Pietrafitta took a position at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis. Initially, our products were designed to help fill the needs of the surgical laser market in the areas of eyewear and safety products.
Current Owner in 1999
We quickly added laser fiberoptics to our product offerings and have continued manufacturing surgical fibers since that time. In March of 1999 Scott Sundet, our current Owner and CEO, bought a majority share of the company from Dr. Pietrafitta and we began to focus heavily on laser fiberoptics. The eyewear division was sold in may of 2000.
LP has seen steady growth in both retail and OEM fiber sales as well as engineering and fiber design throughout the years. In September of 2013 we moved to a new location that has allowed us to once again expand our clean room facilities for manufacturing, increase our technical design lab space and meet the demands of our growing surgical fiberoptic business.
Meet the Team
Scott Sundet - Owner & CEO
- 30+ years of successful business development and ownership with several companies.
- Extensive experience in production, product development, sales, quality assurance, executive management and ownership.
Jeff Stein - Vice President
- Laser Peripherals, LLC
- Extensive experience with New product development, fiberoptic delivery system design, validation, documentation, manufacturing transition manufacturing/process engineering, customer/technical support.
- With Laser Peripherals since 1996.
- Previously, 15+ years with medical laser-related companies providing leadership, engineering, and technical support of surgical fiberoptic, laser system design and laser accessory company.
Randy Gatzke - CFO
- With Laser Peripherals, LLC since 2006
- Previously, 25+ years of senior financial & general management experience with a variety of domestic and international manufacturing companies serving food industry, printing equipment, and vehicle maintenance equipment.
- Serves on other non-profit boards which include: Doulos Discovery School based in the Dominican Republic, the University of Iowa Biomedical School of Engineering Advisory Council, Prince of Peace Church Men’s Ministry Board, and the Lakeville High School Business, Marketing, Technology Advisory Committee
Phil Krafft - Sales and Marketing Manager
- Sales and Marketing manager at LP Surgical Fibers since 2003. He also focuses on market and product research, assisting in new product development and developing strategic partnerships for the company.
- Prior to LP Phil worked for Carl Zeiss Surgical. He has extensive sales experience in the fields of Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, and Neurosurgery. In over seven years at Zeiss Phil held positions in sales, sales training, and sales management.
- Prior to this Phil sold into the fields of medical IT systems, medication dispensing systems and pharmacy benefit management.
- Phil began his career after college working in the emergency room of a large hospital in suburban Minneapolis. He spent ten years in hands-on patient care with a focus in trauma, orthopedics and minor surgery. He was also the manager for all of the non-nursing/non-physician staff.
Wendy Danner - Manufacturing Manager
- Laser Peripherals
Manages the production, planning, purchasing, shipping and receiving functions of the company. Has been with Laser Peripherals since 2009.
- Lifecore Biomedical
Materials Planner responsible for maintaining finished goods inventory for the dental implant division and supporting other functions of the company as necessary. Held position for 7 ½ years.
- Cargill, Inc
Production Scheduler that created the milling and packaging schedules to meet customer demands. Held position for 7 years.
Randy Senescall - Quality and Regulatory Manager
- Randy Senescall is the Quality and Regulatory Manager at Laser Peripherals with responsibility for all
quality functions of the Quality Management System as ISO Management Representative and all product quality assurance activities.
- His responsibilities also include leading all regulatory development including FDA submissions, Technical Files for CE certifications and maintaining compliance to all of Laser Peripherals worldwide markets.
- Randy has over 20 years of Medical Device Manufacturing experience in leading roles as Director and Manager of Quality and Regulatory with a variety of medical device products from significant companies around the Twin City area.
- His accomplishments include leading many companies through dozens of successful certification and compliance audits with ISO 13485, FDA, MDD, CE Technical Files, and customer and supplier audits. Randy’s extensive experience in Quality and Regulatory Management, strong knowledge of manufacturing process and with a proven record of quality performance and leadership make him highly effective to satisfy customer requirements.